Since 1995, Concord Components, Inc. has been a trusted supplier of electronic components to OEM’s, CEM’s, Gov’t agencies and distributors all over the world. We pride ourselves on our great reputation and customer satisfaction. Our goals are simple: We strive to deliver 100% quality and 100% On Time Delivery, 100% of the time.
Concord Components, Inc. has always maintained a strict quality and inspection process for products received in and shipped out. Our Quality Control program is validated and we maintain the following certifications: ISO 9001:2015, AS 9120:2016 and ESD S20.20-2014.
Since 2005, the counterfeiting of electronic components has become an ever increasing and prevalent problem; a problem, which has infiltrated inventory and supply lines at every level of supply. Recent years have shown that counterfeiters have made great advances in their level of sophistication and are not limited to just the parts themselves; they have advanced their techniques to include: manufacturer’s packaging, labels and manufacturer’s documentation. Concord Components, Inc. recognizes these issues and has been making substantial investments in testing equipment and personnel training to expand our testing and screening capabilities to combat this growing problem.
Our Authenticity Program consists of a comprehensive quality control and counterfeit detection process. We have in place: 1) a rated AVL and source control process, 2) an internal inspection/testing process and 3) a logistics program where we work with qualified labs to provide military/commercial screening, testing and re-certification services.
Our Comprehensive program consists of the following:
As a stocking distributor and inventory management service provider, our business model consists of having a large inventory in stock as an immediate availability for our customers. We stock and manage 500,000 line items of inventory, which has been purchased or consigned to us from our major OEM, CEM and ISO Certified distributor partners.
We require all of our suppliers to perform at a standard of excellence and we maintain a rated Approved Supplier List; where our supplier’s ratings are based on the quality of product supplied and on time delivery performance.
- Our Suppliers are ISO Certified and have an established Quality System in place.
- We maintain a rated Approved Supplier List.
- We consistently monitor and evaluate our supplier’s performance records.
Screening And Testing Capabilities
Our inspection and testing programs have been instituted to ensure we supply exactly what our customers expect of their order. Our program is designed to: verify the details of our customer’s purchase orders are being met, to ensure the quality of the product being supplied, to combat counterfeits and to keep in constant communication with our customers.
Concord is committed to delivering quality product and maintaining our reputation as a world-class supplier. We have invested and continue to invest in screening and testing apparatus to expand our inspection/testing capabilities.
Our program consists of a visual inspection process, non-destructive and destructive analysis, and an electrical testing process.
Paperwork and Receiving Report Information: We review all received documents to verify that all expected requirements are complied with:
- On Time Delivery
- Shipping Method
- Packing Slip Information
- Expected Manufacturer’s Documentation (Traceability, CofC’s)
Shipping Container Inspection: All containers or boxes are inspected for any damage.
- Condition of boxes are recorded and photographed.
- We evaluate if the packing material was sufficient to properly secure the product within the shipping box or boxes.
Part Packaging Inspection: We inspect the manufacturer’s packaging the parts arrive in (boxes, tubes, reels, trays, labels etc..) and verify the following:
- Condition (damage to packaging: bent tubes, how trays are bound and secured, rips, tears, dents etc..).
- Manufacturers packaging or generic packaging.
- Anti-Static Compliance.
- Label information, bar code information, and authenticity verification.
- RoHS Status.
- If the packaging is properly sealed.
- Moisture Sensitivity Levels (review any MSL cards included in shipment).
- All labels, boxes, tubes, trays, reels, and bulk packages are recorded and photographed.
- All manufacturers received, lot codes, condition, quantities, and RoHS Status are documented.
- All information is compared to purchase orders and sales orders.
Part Marking/Logo Inspection: We’ll check the authenticity of the part marking by:
- Part Marking – We will research and work with chip manufacturer’s (whenever possible) to verify the authenticity of part marking procedures and lot code verification. We also verify date codes against factory End-Of-Life lists to make sure the date code is legitimate.
- Part Marking Permanency Testing – We perform Acetone or “Spirits Mixture” depending on whether the parts are commercial or military grade.
- Logo Inspection – We’ll compare the part marking and manufacturer’s logo to: known factory samples whenever possible, to manufacturer’s specifications or other known authentic parts in a similar series and lot code.
- Remarking – We inspect for any abnormalities in the part marking, including any signs of: black topping, surface sanding, dual markings, previous markings or over-markings, miss-spellings and inconsistencies with the letter type.
Internal Library: Concord has been compiling an extensive library of part samples, known authentic die photos, traceable part photos, and traceable documentation for future comparison purposes. When Concord purchases traceable product we buy extra samples to document: part markings, lead conditions/physical dimensions, and die markings/configurations for future comparisons of incoming product. We take pictures of: the outside encasement, we X-Ray, De-Lid and take pictures of the Die, as well as, all manufacturer’s packaging (tube/box labels) and paper work (traceability, CofC’s). Physical Dimensions: We’ll compare the actual physical attributes of the part to the manufacturer’s specification to check:
- Proper Encasement Style.
- Lead Spacing/Coplanarity.
- Lead Length/Dimensions.
- Proper Number of Leads/Contacts.
Lead/Contact Inspection: We perform the following contact inspections:
- Microscope inspection – We perform inspections under the microscope to inspect for lead condition, solder condition, damage to leads or signs of previous board mounting or refurbishment. We also check for any sanding of the tops or black topping in cases of attempted part remarking. We check that the encasement is made of the right material (plastic vs. ceramic etc…) and look for any general signs of tampering or indications of other red flags.
- Pb (Lead) or RoHS Testing – We can perform preliminary testing to determine lead content or the level of RoHS compliancy of parts.
X-Ray Analysis: We X-Ray to do a non destructive inspection to check for any bond wire or workmanship issues and to compare internal layout to known authentic parts. Decapsulation/Die Inspection:
- Authenticity Inspection – Manufacturer’s logo, marking and lot codes.
- Condition Inspection.
- All inspections are documented including photographs.
- We can perform electrical testing on a significant number of integrated circuits and passive components to make sure that the product is functioning to the original manufacturer’s specifications. Some samples of what we can test for are: general electrical values, functionality, and programs. We have programming capabilities. We can test for commercial through military temperature range and tolerance.
- Carbon Composition Resistors – Allen Bradley discontinued their production of Carbon Composition resistors in 1995. We have developed a process of 100% test and screening to remove residual moisture on any out-of-tolerance resistors followed by additional testing, in addition to dry-packing and labeling. The porous nature of the material causes moisture absorption over time leading to tolerance issues. We insure that our customers receive 100% of the resistors ordered in tolerance.
Testing & Screening: We work with accredited and DSCC approved testing facilities to test or re-screen parts. Generally this includes: Testing to Military specifications, Destructive testing and Solderability Testing.