The RoHS Directive is a European Directive aiming to control the use of certain hazardous substances in the production of new Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE). The RoHS Directive is a partner directive with the WEEE Directive (Waste in Electrical and Electronic Equipment) which aims to control the disposal and recycling of EEE.
What Are The Restricted Substances?
RoHS restricts the use of mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, cadmium, polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyls ethers in the production of new Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE).
Concord Components Adopts And Conforms To RoHS Standards
Concord Components, Inc. is committed to complying with the Green Initiatives and has instituted a RoHS/Lead Free internal program, which will ensure the proper supply of RoHS/Lead Free product. Concord has incorporated the following into its database and processes:
- The RoHS and WEEE Directives are stored as reference www.rohs.gov.uk in our database.
- A list of the 6 banned substances will be kept on file in our database.
- Manufacturer’s specifications which include part numbering systems that identify RoHS/Lead Free versions of parts will be kept on file in our database.
- Accurate identification of RoHS/Lead Free parts in our inventory.
- Accurate identification of RoHS/Lead Free part numbers on paperwork supplied to our customers.
- All RoHS/Lead Free parts will be packaged and stored separately from leaded parts.
- If required, we assist in providing logistic and testing services to ensure RoHS/Lead Free compliance.
Concord Components, Inc. is only involved in the distribution of product. All obligations for compliance, with the RoHS/WEEE directives, are the responsibility of the manufacturers of the products being distributed. Concord Components, Inc. can only confirm compliance by the assurances and paperwork supplied by the manufacturers.
Concord Components, Inc. constantly strives to “Define Excellence in Electronic Components Distribution” by “Exceeding our customer’s expectations by continually improving the effectiveness of the quality management system and by providing accurate deliveries that meet our customer’s requirements.”